Sunday, January 15, 2012

Urban Decay Rollergirl Nail Kit

Urban Decay has just released a new set of nail polishes called "Rollergirl Nail Kit", consisting of six mini bottles with shades ranging from shimmery taupe to purple glitter. This is my first time trying Urban Decay polishes (for some reason I always ignored them), and the kit seemed like a steal at $28 for six nail polishes.

The box is really cute; it's a little slide-out cardboard tray with floral print on the front and a superfly 70's rollergirl on the back:



The colors in the kit are shimmery taupe, heavily shimmered/ glittering gold, purple glitter, pearly purpley pink, hot pink creme, and white pearl. Swatches below.

Fame: shimmery taupe. A lot like Urban Decay's Underground Deluxe eyeshadow, but in a polish. It's a cool twist on usually boring neutrals; this reminds me of Zoya Pasha but less....complex and more purely taupe:


Superfreak: glittering gold. This literally looks like glittering lamé on your nails. It's awesome and completely glam. Like a much more awesome, warmer version of Deborah Lippmann's Believe:


Xanadu: purple glitter. This was sheer on the first coat, surprisingly opaque on the second, but I added a third for depth and richness:


Miss T: purpley pink with silver pearl. This is a bright, hot color and what I love about it is that it's not too frosty or metallic, which colors like these usually look like. It really pops against a tan:


Woodstock: hot pink creme. This is as neon as you can get without the "my-eyes-hurt-from-looking-at-it" quality many neon pinks have. To me this screams 80's, and doesn't really belong in a 70's rollergirl set, but it is a gorgeous, fun, and hot color for summer. I got many compliments on this one:


Love Train: white pearl. This is very sheer on the first coat, and like Xanadu, is surprisingly opaque on the second. Love Train is one of the prettiest and best white pearls I've ever come across (and I love whites and white pearls). It's a clean, pure white. No silver undertones or flashes of colors like pink or blue. I love it:


The formula is nice and smooth, the colors are rich and opaque. My only complaint is that the brush in the bottles are quite long- it's no biggie, and it makes sense for reaching the bottom when you start going through these, but it's just a tad awkward for me since I'm used to shorter ones. Every color in this kit is a winner, the variety of shades is excellent, and most of all, it's fun. It's just a really fun kit for summer. I can't recommend it enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment