Sunday, June 24, 2012

Nars Bilbao Lipstick Review and Swatch

I'm fooling around with fonts today, and now many of my posts are just screwed up. Ugh. Everything else was equally frustrating, so when the FedEx guy dropped off NARS Bilbao lipstick, I'm not exaggerating when I say that it was the highlight of my day.

Bilbao was makeup love at first sight. While it may seem like a dime-a-dozen pinkish nude brown shade that's exactly like hundreds of others on the market, Bilbao is without a doubt the most flattering, beautiful, "where-have-you-been-all-my-life?" neutral I have ever worn (and I usually don't get too excited about neutrals!). It pulls pinker on lips than it looks in the tube, and the hint of golden shimmer keeps it from looking flat. I love it SO much more than MAC Viva Glam V, which has a strong reddish tone on my lips. This is a Satin lipstick from NARS, but it looks just a bit closer to a satin-matte because of its low sheen when worn on bare lips. Bilbao wore evenly for hours without a touch-up. What else is there to say? This is easily my best purchase in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment