Thursday, July 26, 2012

Bobbi Brown Rose Gold Shimmer Brick Review and Swatch

Bobbi Brown's Spring 2012 Collection is so, so pretty. It's the "Rose Gold" Collection, and it's classic Bobbi: flushed cheeks, gently lined eyes, and lush lips, in shades of golden pinks and rose. I am a huge fan of all things rose gold, and since I've been wanting more highlighters lately, I ordered the Rose Gold Shimmerbrick. It's your typical shimmerbrick highlighter, only this time the shades are pale pink, beige champagne, a warm lilac-ish pink, pale bronze, and rose gold. (I think this was the most impossible item to photograph accurately, since it's so reflective. It's because of the high shimmer. It took me days to get a decent one! Seriously.)


                   They blend together to make a frosty, light pink highlighter:


I found that when the strips of colors were used individually, they really weren't all that different, at least on my skin. It was all just varying shades of pink frostiness.... sadly, a lot of rose, and not enough gold for me. The quality is wonderful, as always with Bobbi's Shimmer Bricks. However, after playing around with it, I realize that I could have just saved my money and continued to use the MSFs I have from MAC's Brunette, Blonde, Redhead collection. Ack... I think I was just too tempted by the beautiful shade name of "Rose Gold"!

No comments:

Post a Comment