Friday, August 17, 2012

Charlotte Ronson All Eye Need Eyeshadow Palette Review - Henrietta

Neutral/ basic eyeshadow palettes aren't usually something I'm excited about. I skipped out on the Urban Decay Naked Palette, for crying out loud. I always feel like, "yeah, so what... I've already got so many singles that look like that." So it's odd that I'm so psyched for Charlotte Ronson's All Eye Need eyeshadow palette in Henrietta. Charlotte Ronsons is a relatively new brand at Sephora, and while browsing one of the NYC stores, I saw the CR display along the side of the Make Up for Ever and NARS aisles. The palettes instantly stood out to my eye, especially Henrietta, which was inspired by Charlotte's younger sister. I stared at it... left it... came back... stared at it again... swatched it... left it again... came back again... and this time I picked it up for purchase. I couldn't fight it! Henrietta is just too pretty. She was calling my name in the store. The rich, velvety texture of the shadows, amazing pigmentation, and stunning mix of shades (fleshy peachy pink, frosty pink champagne, shimmering bronzed olive, and black brown with gold shimmer in the squared mirrored compact were telling me, "Stop it with the dark smoky eyes for just once, buy me and put me on, dammit!" 

Nothing else to do in times like these except go with the flow and obey the makeup ;) So here she is... super girly packaging and swatches below.
*NOTE: the pink champagne shade is best captured in the mirror in the picture of the open compact. The flash made the strip of shadow look too light.


 The pink champagne shade is just like Stila Kitten. The bronzed olive is somewhat similar to Urban Decay Smog. The brownish black looks exactly like a shade in a Lancome summer eyeshadow quad I had about a year or two ago (and adored!) but it fell to the floor and is no longer with me. This shade is a wonderful replacement (R.I.P., Lancome Brownish Black With Gold Sparkles Eyeshadow Without A Name). And the fleshy peachy pink? I can't think of a shade that's close enough to it, even after combing through my collection. The closest thing to it that I own is the satin side of NARS All About Eve, and it's still not a dupe. 

After trying this out for an Eye Of The Day, I'm a believer. The shades stayed all day without creasing and blended like a dream. Nothing can be said about the texture except, "it's like buttah!" As for the claims of "Light Filter Technology" (which supposedly adjusts the pigment based on the lighting) and providing "antiaging properties" (I'm sorry, but is anyone really naive enough to believe that an eyeshadow can turn back the clock?).... eh... ok. Sure. If you say so, Sephora :P Personally, I don't want or care about crap gimmicks. Henrietta is a gorgeous palette for a neutral lover or anyone who wants a simple, polished eye with a bit of sparkle. Four shadows, of this quality, for only $22? That's more than good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment