Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lorac Unzipped Palette Swatches

After debating in my head for a bit, I finally splurged on Lorac's new "Unzipped" palette after seeing on Sephora.com. Let's not waste any time here - this baby is GORGEOUS! It's like the Urban Decay Naked palette, but the shades in that were mostly warm and bronzey. This leans more purplish overall. You get ten eyeshadows in a beige mirrored palette (with a design on the front that looks like it's being unzipped) and one mini eye shadow primer. Pretty palette pic:


The top row of shades are:
Undercover - matte nude
Unbelievable - copper shimmer
Unattainable - bronze shimmer
Unconditional - matte fawn *this is actually quite mauve
Unbridled - matte merlot

And here they are swatched, from left to right, in the same order:


The bottom row of shades are:
Undiscovered - gold shimmer
Unreal - champagne shimmer *pink champagne actually
Uncensored - chocolate shimmer
Unspoken - matte sable
Untamed - bordeaux shimmer

And here they are swatched. Again, left to right, in the same order as listed:


The pigmentation is wonderful. Excellent color payoff. And almost all of the shades have a very smooth texture. I found that Unreal was just a little chunky at first, but it was fine after I used it a few times more. The dark matte shades (Unconditional, Unbridled, and Unspoken) all had the same texture that Bobbi Brown's dark "liner" eyeshadow shades do, i.e. kind of chalky. While they're not the best for an all over wash on the eyes if you're looking for something really dark and smoky, I've found that they do make pretty good outer corner shades. The primer is very nice, but I don't love it as much as my Urban Decay Primer Potion. This is my first Lorac palette purchase, and I LOVE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment