Wednesday, May 23, 2012

L'Oreal Infallible 24 HR Eyeshadows Review - Perpetual Purple, Bronzed Taupe, and Golden Sage

Happy New Year everyone :) On a recent outing, I was thrilled to see tons of items from every brand literally pouring into drugstores. Among the new arrivals is L'Oreal's Infallible 24 HR Eyeshadows. These come in small pots with screw-top lids, and are available in a gorgeous assortment of shades, ranging from pale champagne to silver-flecked black. Almost all of the shades are vibrant and very shimmery.



I came home with Perpetual Purple, a vivid violet (with a beautiful blue fine shimmer); Bronzed Taupe, a mocha taupe (which reminds me a lot of Urban Decay's YDK eyeshadow); and Golden Sage, a medium green. Others that caught my eye were a dark chocolate and an absolutely stunning sapphire blue (which would kill on brown-eyed girls). These are really interesting... first off, they look a lot more expensive than what many people might think of when they hear "drugstore eyeshadow" - the colors are rich and bright, and they pack a serious pigment punch, even without primer. They have an unusual texture that I haven't come across in drugstore eyeshadows before; velvety, and so creamy they feel almost wet (when I went to swatch these, I thought for a split-second that they were cream shadows). These remind me of something Urban Decay or MAC would release. Kudos to L'Oreal for adding a few more cool (and affordable) items into our drugstores! The shimmer in Bronzed Mocha and Golden Sage give them an almost metallic look. Perpetual Purple is a little softer, but only just a little. Pics:

D'oh! Switched Sage and Taupe around in this one :p
Check out the SHINE on these babies ;)
L-R, Bronzed Taupe, Golden Sage, Perpetual Purple

While these didn't last a full 24 hours on me, they came pretty damn close. I'm impressed, as nothing makes me happier than a great drugstore item. I hope to see more shades in the future... more purples, perhaps? An olive? A burgundy would make me drool!

No comments:

Post a Comment